Welcome 2021 10ball
The APPA welcomes all new members to play in our first event for 2021
March 12, 2021, 10:00:00 PM
March 14, 2021, 8:00:00 AM
We are excited to announce our first official Australian Pool Players Association (APPA) Welcome Event! The event is free for all 2021 APPA members so be sure to sign up for your APPA membership at aupoolplayers.org!
Date: Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th of March 2021 (Two day event) Limited to 64 Players Location: Cityheroes Burwood Requirements: Players must be a 2021 APPA Member Entry Fee: FREE
Once the tournament entries have been filled, a BLIND draw will be completed and posted onto the Challonge tournament online bracket.
It is a requirement to enter future APPA events for the players to create a Challonge player account as APPA will be using many of the features of Challonge and the players/members will only benefit from these if they have active Challonge accounts.
NOTE: When you Sign Up for a Challonge account, please make sure we can identify you from your Display Name. Entries that can not be matched to our Member List will be removed.
Ask our Secretary (Fleur) if you need help setting up a Challonge account while at the event!
- Single Elimination with a repechage event on Sunday. Repechage will be open to those eliminated from the main draw up until and including the quarter finals.
- Discipline played is 10 Ball and we will follow current WPA rules.
- Race to 7 for the main tournament.
- Break will be determined by lag for break, alternate break.
- Racking procedure – 1 is the head ball and 2 and 3 MUST be in opposite corners. Magic racks allowed and recommended.
- The Winner of each match will be required to return the balls to the counter once your match is completed. The loser will be required to return the scorecard to the tournament desk – Please circle the winner of the match on your sheet.
Repechage will be a HOT RACE 5 with the use of the FargoRate App. Players who do not have a fargorate will be allocated one of 525 or at the discretion of the Sports Director. Your spot in the repechage draw will be dependent on where you were eliminated from the main draw.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES:
- Please remember to sign in through the COVID SAFE Check in app when entering the venue.
- Practice 1.5m social distancing, good personal hygiene, and cough/sneeze etiquette.
- Hand sanitiser and alcoholic wipes are available at the front counter.
- Wearing a face mask is highly recommended.
- We highly recommend you use the alcoholic wipes to wipe the table down before and after play.
- If you're sick please do not attend to the event.
- NO Jeans regardless of colour
- NO Slippers
- NO Work Boots
- NO Thongs.
- NO Track Pants or Pantaloons.
- YES Dark Trousers
- YES Dark Slacks
- YES Dark Pants
- YES Chinos are permissible if dark (grey, brown, navy or black)
- YES Dark closed shoes (black runners are ok).
- YES Polo Shirt or Collared Shirt
If you have any queries with dress code do not hesitate to contact the Sports Director (Marvin Monzon) or the Chairman (Stuart Rogers).